In response to COVID-19 social distancing recommendations and in an effort to protect our vulnerable clients, Moveable Feast’s volunteer program remains at a limited capacity until it is deemed safe to fully open again. Please read below to see current available volunteer opportunities or contact Angie Kelley with any questions.
Effective Tuesday, July 13th, kitchen shifts will change to 8:00am – 11:30am on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. This is the beginning of our transition plan to gradually increase the number of shifts available and volunteer capacity.
- Kitchen Volunteer: We are now accepting new volunteers and volunteer groups of up to 6 people (maximum) in the kitchen. Please find our updated policies below:
- New volunteers will only be permitted to volunteer if they can show proof of vaccination.
- Those who have previously volunteered with Moveable Feast may still sign up for a kitchen shift.
- Kitchen Volunteers will continue to wear masks while in the kitchen, though vaccinated volunteers may remove their masks in other parts of the building.
- All volunteers will enter our building through the main Moveable Feast entrance (beginning July 13th).
- Shifts are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9am-1pm, 4 volunteers at a time (until July 13th). Log in to your account at mfeast.volunteerhub.com to sign up!
- Delivery Driver: Choose a delivery day and delivery area, and pick up your meals from Moveable Feast between 9-11am and make contactless deliveries to clients. Contact Angie Kelley directly to get started!
Virtual Volunteer Opportunity
Even if you are unable to join us as a volunteer, we still need your support! Please click here to make a gift to Moveable Feast. We appreciate our community of supporters and look forward to having you join us again in the future!
Volunteer at Moveable Feast
Volunteers make our work come alive. Literally. Moveable Feast’s lean staff could never serve so many people without the support of thousands of individual and group volunteers who contribute 40,000+ hours to our mission each year.
Most volunteer assistance is needed at our East Baltimore office and kitchen. Whether you can dedicate a few hours each week, each month or each year, you will join an enthusiastic and fun group of kitchen assistants, delivery drivers, dietitian assistants, special events. Your donated time means that men, women and children fighting severe illnesses will have healthy meals and a friendly face to look forward to each week.
Volunteer with us!
To get started, learn more about volunteering as:
Volunteering with us is a unique and memorable experience, but don’t just take our word for it! Here’s what some of our wonderful volunteers have to say about volunteering at Moveable Feast: