In response to COVID-19 social distancing recommendations and in an effort to protect our vulnerable clients, Moveable Feast’s volunteer program has been suspended until deemed safe to have visitors again. Please contact Volunteer Manager, Angie Kelley, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.327.3420 x 31 if you have any questions or concerns. Even if you are unable to join us as a volunteer, we still need your support! Please click here to make a gift to Moveable Feast. We appreciate our fantastic community of supporters and look forward to having you join us again in the future.
Our healthy meal planning starts with the client’s needs. See how we do nutritional assessments and be a friendly face to our clients by accompanying a staff Dietitian on a home visit! Dietitian Assistants also help file charts and assessments, assemble birthday boxes, and enter client data or other projects that may arise.
- Volunteer role is as an observer during home visits
- Do not give medical or nutritional advice
- You may engage in polite conversation with the clients
- Be aware that there may be stairs ranging from one flight to a few flights
- On occasion, the volunteer may need to stand or sit on the floor due to lack of furniture
- Comfortable clothes – casual or business casual
- Close toed shoes
- Layers – as heating and cooling may vary in homes
- All medical and any other information that is revealed during this time is confidential
- Do not discuss this information with anyone other than the Moveable Feast staff involved with that client’s care