What is Ride for the Feast?
Ride for the Feast is a charity cycling event that takes place on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and raises funds for Moveable Feast’s client programs and services. 2024 marks our 22nd year hosting this event.
Who is Moveable Feast?
Moveable Feast is a nonprofit located in East Baltimore. We were founded in 1989 during the height of the AIDS crisis to address food insecurity and provide emotional support at a time when resources and support were limited.
Since 1989, we have grown to incorporate medically tailored meals as a means of addressing the impacts of living at the intersection of chronic illness and food insecurity.
We now serve Marylanders living with HIV, diabetes, cancer, heart disease, renal disease, and many other chronic illnesses. Our program reaches Baltimore City, the five surrounding counties, and the entire Eastern Shore.
In 2022, we delivered 452,468 medically tailored meals, all at no cost to nearly 2,000 clients served.
Address of start/finish location
- Talbot County Community Center – 10028 Ocean Gateway, Easton, MD 21601
- The Talbot County Community Center features two large parking lots with free parking available.
What route options are available?
2024 Ride for the Feast event – 101 miles, 66 miles, and 42 miles. See route details here.
Where do funds raised go?
100% of donations, including the cost of registration, go directly toward our Home-Delivered Medically Tailored Meals program, medical transportation, and other services for our clients living at the intersection of serious chronic illness and food insecurity.
Is there a minimum fundraising requirement?
- While Ride for the Feast is a fun cycling event, it is first and foremost a fundraiser to help support our client programs and services.
- Riders must meet their minimum fundraising goal of $1000 in order to ride on May 11, 2024.
- Virtual Fundraisers do not have a minimum fundraising requirement. If you raise at least $250, you will receive an official Ride for the Feast t-shirt.
What support is provided to help teams and riders with fundraising?
- Check out the Fundraising Page for helpful tips and resources. Other information is provided in Ride Bites, our bi-weekly Ride for the Feast e-newsletter that is sent out to riders, volunteers and supporters.
- If you have a fundraiser, please visit the Fundraising Page, submit your fundraiser including any promo images, and we will send it out in Ride Bites, post it on social media, and put it on the RFTF fundraising calendar.
- Please reach out to Events Manager, Kevin Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support!
What is the benefit of joining or starting a team?
- Being on a team has several huge benefits! It creates a sense of comradery, and is a great source of motivation for training and fundraising. Many teams come back year after year, have created signature fundraisers, and even have their own special team jerseys.
- Teams can provide fundraising support! If you are having a tough time meeting your goal, you have a captain and team of people who can support your efforts.
- Teams often choose to train together, which helps riders stay on track with their training goals.
- Being on a team is also a great information resource. Teams communicate ride related information via Facebook groups, google docs, text threads, and other methods to make sure their crew is up to date with the latest ride information.
- Corporate teams can leverage support from coworkers and matching donations, as well company sponsorships.
How do I sign up?
If I receive cash or checks, where do I send them?
- Mail: Moveable Feast, PO Box 2298, Baltimore, MD 21203
- Drop off: 901 N Milton Ave, Baltimore, MD 21205
If I create a Facebook Fundraiser, will those funds be attributed to my fundraising page?
- Creating a Facebook fundraiser is an easy way to make your fundraising efforts visible and reach your fundraising goal. Our fundraising platform does not directly integrate with Facebook – however – when funds are received from Facebook, we can manually add your funds raised to your Rider page.
- Funds are dispersed by Facebook approximately every 45 days. As soon as we receive funds, we will add them to your page. If it has been longer than two months, please call 410-327-3420 ext. 4.
- Please note: If you create a Facebook fundraiser, please notify Eleanor Haase at email@example.com so we can connect funds to your RFTF page.
How can I volunteer for Ride for the Feast?
- Ride for the Feast utilizes over 100 volunteers in a variety of roles to help make this event a success.
- On Friday, May 10th, you can support with the Friday night rider registration and the kick-off program.
- On Saturday, May 11th, you can transport riders as a Safety and Gear (SAG) driver, keep riders safe as a Motorcycle Cycle Safety Crew (MOTO), run a pit stop, or take photos!
- Read the full descriptions of each role and sign up here.
Where can I find the latest event information?
- Ride Bites, our bi-weekly Ride for the Feast e-newsletter that is sent out to riders, volunteers and supporters, is the best place to find the latest
information. If you miss a Ride Bites email, head over to the Ride Bites archive to find all of the e-newsletters relevant to RFTF 2024.