Special Events Volunteer
Be a part of the community-wide energy and good works of our two signature events: Ride For the Feast (every May) and Dining Out for Life (every September).
Ride for the Feast
Ride for the Feast is a 2 day, 140 mile bike ride from Ocean City, Maryland to Baltimore City. Each year we need close to 150 volunteers to make this event happen! Volunteer opportunities abound in Ocean City and along the route to Baltimore City. Tasks include:
• Preparing and serving meals for riders
• Transporting Riders and their luggage
• Acting as a Support and Gear (SAG) driver
• Setting up, working, and breaking down pit stops along the route
• Cheering for our Riders as they pedal on for a great cause!
Dining Out For Life
Dining Out For Life is a one-day event where local restaurants agree to donate 25% or more of their proceeds from the day to Moveable Feast. Volunteers can help by being Restaurant Ambassadors. Each Ambassador is assigned a participating restaurant, and they help by:
• Getting family and friends to dine out at their restaurant on the day of the event
• Approaching restaurant patrons on the day of the event to ask for additional donations and to raise awareness about Moveable Feast and the people we serve
• Working closely with restaurant management to make Dining Out For Life a success!
To learn more about volunteering for one of our signature events, please visit our VolunteerHub page.