Ride for the Feast is quickly approaching! On May 12-13, riders will bike the 140 miles from Ocean City To Baltimore City to support Moveable Feast. This year, our goal is to deliver 1 million meals in a single year – each one made and delivered with love. 100% of your fundraising efforts goes directly to the services provided to our clients. Your support will aid thousands of our neighbors here in Maryland.
Whether you sign up for Ride for the Feast as an individual or as a team, you make the commitment to fundraise $1,500 to participate. How you raise the money is up to you! We encourage riders to get creative and think outside of the box when it comes to fundraising, and here are a few ideas to help get you started.
- Ask your favorite restaurant for a sponsorship day. See if a Chipotle, Subway or your favorite local Baltimore eatery will give a portion of their sales on one particular day to Moveable Feast!
- Do you have a birthday or anniversary coming up? Instead of asking for gifts, ask for donations to Moveable Feast!
- Cook-offs. Who doesn’t love good food for a good cause? In the past, we’ve had chili, mac-n-cheese and many other types of cook-offs benefitting Ride for the Feast! This is a great opportunity to show off your fundraising AND cooking skills.
- Partner with a restaurant or company to create a ticketed event with dinner, drinks, a silent auction … the list goes on!
- Use social media to your benefit. Get your friends and family involved as much as possible by informing everyone about Moveable Feast and #WhyIRide.
- Find out if your employer offers a matching gift program to make your donation go even further! This is a quick and easy way to double or even triple the money you’ve raised so far!
Is your team putting together an event for Ride for the Feast? Let us know and we will promote it. For more information on fundraising, click here.